Has your iPhone alarm stopped ringing when the iPhone is in silent mode? Worry not! Read this article to learn how to know if alarm still rings when iPhone is on silent.
I have faced similar issues and so I’m writing this article to help you out. Keep reading.
I had previously discussed about Where the Audio Files are Saved on iPhone and How to Add and Remove a Screen Recorder on iPhone as well.
Topics mentioned in this article are listed below:
- How does silent mode affect iPhone alarm ringtone
- What reasons can affect the alarm ringtone
How Does Silent Mode Affect iPhone Alarm Ringtone
Usually, when our iPhones are in silent mode, the alarm still goes off. If our iPhones are turned on to Do Not Disturb or Silent mode, it doesn’t affect the alarm tone. The alarm settings are different, so, when we set an alarm it will ring at the set volume no matter what mode our iPhone is in.
What Reasons Can Affect the Alarm Ringtone
A number of reasons due to which our iPhone alarm might not be ringing are:
- The volume is set to low. In order to increase the volume, press the volume up button and set it to an appropriate volume as per our need.
- The volume can also be increased by going to Settings > Sound & Haptics.
- Then slide the Ringtone and Alert Volume to set the volume.
- iPhone vibrates when the alarm rings. We need to verify that the alarm ringtone is not set to None, because of which the iPhone vibrates when the alarm goes off.
- Open the Clock app and go to the Alarm tab.
- Click on the add ‘+‘ button.
- A new window will appear where we can set a new alarm.
- Click on Sound and select a sound as the alarm ringtone.
- Finally, tap on Save.
- The alarm sound gets adjusted when we use headphones with our iPhones. They can be wired or wireless headphones. But the alarm rings in the in-built speakers on both the iPhone and headphones.
Just make sure that the alarm ringtone and volume are appropriate so that the alarm can be heard properly on our iPhones.
Follow the steps properly while implementing them and hopefully you won’t face any issues. Also, I have explained how to set the sound and volume for alarms on iPhones as well.
You may also like:
- How to Change Caller ID on iPhone? [4 Reasons]
- How to Use Location Services on iPhone? [7 Techniques]
- How to Forward Messages on iPhone?
- How to Use Favorites on iPhone? [3 Ultimate Ways]
Hi, I am Chelsea, currently staying in New York, United States of America. I am a big fan of Apple products and my favorite is the iPhone. For the last 8 years, I am using iPhone and loving it. Here, I am going to write about my expertise in using iPhone tips and tricks. Check out the coolest features of the iPhone like the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 pro max, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 pro and pro max, etc. Read more.