Google Drive and OneDrive are the two most popular and widely used cloud storage devices. The two cloud storage apps both offer the same services but differ in approach.
OneDrive is a Microsoft cloud storage device used to store, edit, protect and share your files with others. It is mostly used by enterprises, schools, or any other large organization. It allows employees to share documents, in our data and collaborate online.
OneDrive gives its users 5GB of free storage space. This space can be upgraded when exhausted by buying storage space on OneDrive.
Google Drive is a cloud storage device that allows you to store, edit and share your files, even your photos and email. Files stored on Google Drive can be accessed anytime at anywhere. It gives its users 15GB free of space.
Moreover, if you exhaust your free space you can simply upgrade it by buying storage space on Google Drive. Or you can easily clear up some space by deleting files that are no longer useful. Files stored in Google Drive can only be shared with anyone if that person has a verified Gmail account.
Below are some of the advantages of using Google Drive and OneDrive on your various smartphones, Windows, and iOS.
Advantages of Using Google Drive on your Android Device
- Access and edit your files anytime at anywhere- Files stored on google drive can be accessed and edited even while on the go.
- Sharing of files- You can easily share your files stored on Google Drive with anyone you wish to share them with. No one can access your files on Google Drive unless you share or grant them access to your files.
- 15 GB free storage space- Google drive gives 15GB free if space to its users. Also, it gives room for an upgrade when you exhaust your free storage space.
- Easy to search for files- With tons of files stored on Google Drive, it is easy to search for a file on Google Drive by just click on ‘search Google Drive’ at the top of your screen.
Advantages of using OneDrive on an Android Device
- Security- Files stored in OneDrive are properly secured from prying eyes and authorized access. Only people authorized by the user can view the files stored in OneDrive.
- File sync and backup- Files stored in OneDrive are synced and backed to avoid losing your files when your smartphone or computer gets lost or damaged.
- Storing of files- OneDrive hells users to store and access their files.
Advantages of using Google Drive on an iPhone
- Edit files- Google Drive allows its user to edit and make changes to the files stored in Google Drive.
- Can view any file- Google Drive can view and open any type of file.
- Easy access- Files stored in Google Drive can be easily accessed by the user anytime they want to.
Advantages of using OneDrive on an iPhone
- Accessed from any device – Files stored in OneDrive can be accessed from any device be I’m smartphone, tablet, iPhone, or Windows.
- Free storage- OneDrive gives its users a free storage space of 5GB whether for professional or personal use.
- Offline use- Files stored on OneDrive can be viewed even if your data connection is off.
Advantages of using OneDrive on a PC
- File sync and backup- Files can be easily synced and backed up on OneDrive to ensure the safety of your important files even when you lose your smartphone or your device gets damaged, your files saved in OneDrive are still saved and can be retrieved.
- Easy to use- Using OneDrive on your PC is so easy as it does not require any hard process to store and access files.
- Free space- OneDrive gives 5GB of free space to its users for storing different sizes of files. The space can be upgraded if exhausted by buying space from OneDrive.
Advantages of using Google Drive on a PC
- Free space- Google Drive gives 15GB free of space to its users. Moreover, the free storage is used to store any kind of file.
- Easy to search for files- Due to tons of files stored on Google Drive, to avoid scrolling through your files looking for one file you can simply tap on ‘search google drive’ at the top of your screen.
- Used on any device- Google Drive can be used on any device to serve its user
- How to Backup WhatsApp to Google Drive
- How to see who has Viewed a Google Doc in Google Drive
- How to Add Google Drive to Finder
- How To Select Multiple Files On Google Drive
- How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Drive
Here we are with all the advantages of using OneDrive and Google Drive on all the devices we have mentioned here. The same option applies to MacBook as well iPad as well. Overall, we know that with both these cloud storage platforms you can get enough space to store all your files and are super easy to access too.
With Google Drive, you can get the File Sync and Backup option on your desktop as well as on the MacBook so that you can save all your system files too directly on the cloud storage and vice versa so that you never lose any data whatsoever.
Hello, my name is Shirley. I’m a Google Drive expert and have been working with the platform since it launched. I’ve written extensively about Google Drive tips and tricks, and have created numerous tutorials on how to get the most out of the platform. I also enjoy creating tutorials to help people learn how to use Drive like pros. Read more