This mac tutorial explains, how to add onedrive to finder mac. We will see, how to connect onedrive to finder.
OneDrive is an excellent platform to store your files and access them at any time of the day. However, due to several files and folders being saved up in your OneDrive account, you might often need help finding the exact file/folder.
In such cases, it is always helpful to have a tool that can help you look for the exact file in just a few minutes, and you would be glad to know that Finder is one such precise application! Finder helps make the file’s search procedure more straightforward and less time-consuming, which is an absolute boon.
In this article, we have focused on how you can add OneDrive to Finder so that the process gets more accessible for you.
Read along to know better.
What Is Finder?
Have you ever been looking for a particular file, but the process gets time-consuming, and it takes a lot of effort to look for the same? Then, the Finder app is the right pick for you on the mac.
The finder app is a practical application that looks for apps and files within a couple of seconds. Furthermore, it is found as a Magnifying glass icon and can be seen as a prebuilt application in most smartphones.
When you look for a particular application or file by typing out its name, the Finder app makes your work light and does the task for you quickly. When such a practical application is paired up with another helpful app like OneDrive, a lot of work gets more accessible and less time-taking.
Here’s how you can add OneDrive to Finder to get your files and folders in place. Read along!
Add onedrive to finder mac
OneDrive is available on both Microsoft and Apple devices and functions quite impressively. Furthermore, handling the application is quite simple too, and so is adding OneDrive to Finder.
If you’ve been wondering about the steps in adding OneDrive to Finder, here is the catch. In this article section, we have focused on aiding you with the steps you can follow to add OneDrive to Finder in the most straightforward method possible. Let’s read along!
- Download the OneDrive application from the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store if it still needs to be pre-installed on your devices.
- You can install the download file, just as you would in the case of third-party software.
- Open the OneDrive application from your device.
- Sign in to your account by filling in the required details in case you still need to.
- You will notice a OneDrive icon in the menu bar at the top portion of the display. Also, you shall see a new OneDrive tab being opened in the Finder.
These same options are available in both Windows and Apple if the files are stored in the local space, in the cloud, or are still undergoing the syncing procedure.
Yes, and there you go. It’s a super easy process. So, what’s the wait for? Add your OneDrive to Finder right away!
How Can You Access And Add Files To OneDrive With The Help Of Finder?
Accessing and adding files to OneDrive is a plausible option with Finder. It just takes a couple of steps to proceed with the procedure and requires minimal effort.
Let’s check out how you could do that.
- Click on the Finder icon, which can be available at the bottom portion of the screen.
- You will notice that on the left-hand side of the menu, a OneDrive icon is available. You need to click on the icon.
- Next, drag and drop the files or folders into the OneDrive icon already available on the screen.
- Copy the file or folder and open the OneDrive folder. Next, click on the paste option to access the file or folder.
By following these steps, you can easily have a hold over the files and folders of OneDrive with Finder and make your work easier and simpler than ever.
How Can You Organize Your OneDrive With Finder?
Finder has many facilities that can help people get in touch with many benefits related to the files and folders found in OneDrive. Among those many benefits, organizing OneDrive is one of them, and you can get the facility at any time. Various aspects of the files, like renaming, deletion, etc., are made more accessible with Finder.
Read this portion of the article to grasp a better idea about it.
- Click on the Finder icon available in the bottom section of the display.
- Click on the OneDrive icon found in the left-hand side menu available.
- Select ‘File’ and choose ‘New Folder’ or ‘New File’ and give a name of your choice. These steps can be available from the top right corner of the display.
- For moving a file, you can select the desired one and drag it to the folder of your choice.
- For renaming a file/folder, give right-click on the file/folder and click on ‘Rename’ to execute the process.
- If you wish to delete a file or folder, you can give right-click on the item required and select ‘move to trash.’
By following these minor steps, you can quickly get the essential functions done and simplify your work with a few steps.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The feature helps save the effort and time of looking for the files that are otherwise hidden in your device. It works effectively in making searches successful and getting your work done within a matter of seconds.
Adding OneDrive to Finder makes your work easy and simple indeed. The process to be followed for bringing out the same is easy and takes a few seconds for execution.
You may like the following onedrive tutorials:
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.