Are you seeking a way to integrate Google Drive to file explorer? You’ve come to the correct place. You are here for a reason. And that reason is probably to find out how you can add Google Drive to File Explorer.
With its integration in file explorer, you can access your Google Drive files from within Windows Explorer. You don’t have to open up the web browser and navigate to the Google Drive website to download or open your files anymore.
With google drive, you can access, upload, edit and create word documents, PDF files, and presentations. You also can share your file with others.
But to view your google doc file, you need to go to the Google docs website if you would like to add Google Docs in the explorer windows on your PC (It’s much easier to use).
The file explorers in windows aren’t any good unless you have a google drive account. Once you have that, you can add the Google Drive application to your explorer. It will look like your regular computer folder until you click on it.
This guide will make it easier for you and show you how to add Google Drive to File Explorer or Windows Explorer.
What is a File Explorer and Why Do We Need It?
A File Explorer is a tool that helps manage files on the computer. It provides an interface for users to organize, access, copy, move and delete files on the computer.
A file explorer app can make it easier for users to keep track of files on their computers’ local and remote drives.
It also has other features such as editing text, converting documents and pictures into different formats, sharing files with other apps, transferring music from one device to another, adding metadata tags, and more.
The program is used to browse and manage files stored on a computer. It can be found on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. File Explorer can be used for many different purposes.
For example, organizing your files, backing up your data, changing the system settings like screen resolution or monitor size, and connecting to wireless networks.
File Explorer allows you to connect, share and edit files between computer devices. It gives you access to your computer without needing to be attached physically.
File Explorer has become an essential tool these days because of its ability to transfer data quickly and efficiently with minimal hassle.
With a file explorer, you can easily find your desired file. Because it organizes your files according to categories that are easy to understand and navigate through.
It’s essential for people with extensive libraries of documents or files to browse all of their content effortlessly. With File Explorer, you can easily find what you are looking for in seconds.
How to add Google Drive to File Explorer (or Windows Explorer)
If you’re interested in adding Google Drive to File Explorer or Windows Explorer, the details below will help you get started. You might also find tips related to other areas of Google Drive on their support page.
Follow these instructions to add it to your device.
- You must first download and install Google Drive on your device before adding it to Quick Access and a drive-in File explorer.
- Go over to the platform’s download page in a web browser and press enter on “Download Google Drive for desktop.”
- Now, select “Save to PC.” The installer will then be launched if you click on it.
When Windows asks for your permission to install something, say yes. It’s worth noting that you’ll need to accomplish this with an admin account.
- Select either you want Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides icons on your desktop. Then, on the next screen, tap Install.
- Allow for the installation of the software.
- Then, from the “Sign in to Google Drive” interface, touch the “Sign in with browser” option.
The preceding operation opens your preferred browser and navigates to the Google sign-in tab.
- Enter your Google Account email id there, click next, and key in your Google accounts password, and then tap next once more.
- You must additionally authorize the sign-in using your mobile phone if you configured 2-factor authentication for your Google Account.
- Clarify that you installed the software from Google if you input your credentials successfully.
- After you’ve been authorized, quit the window and begin using “Google Drive for desktop” on the computer.
Open the File Explorer program. Your Google Drive should now appear as a standard drive in the “Devices and drives” section of the PC, as well as in the Quick access area of the navigation panel, and you are done!
However, the process of accessing your files becomes more accessible. After you’ve completed the installation, you can add Google Drive to Quick access and as a drive-in File explorer. Then, you’ll be able to access your files at any time, no matter which device you’re using.
Related Google Drive articles:
- How to embed video from google drive?
- Google Drive vs Dropbox
- How to Upload iMovie to Google Drive
- How to Unshare a Folder in Google Drive
- Backup WhatsApp to Google Drive
Google Drive integration into File Explorer allows you to access your files anywhere. This negates the need to upload files to a server or send them over email when sharing files with colleagues, clients, and friends.
The program is a fantastic business and study tool. It is a very convenient way to back up all critical files, which will save you a lot of trouble in the future.
And if you are not sure how to add Google Drive to File Explorer, worry not; we have shared a detailed guide above, which will walk you through the process of adding the Google Drive folder as a location in Windows file explorer.
Hello, my name is Shirley. I’m a Google Drive expert and have been working with the platform since it launched. I’ve written extensively about Google Drive tips and tricks, and have created numerous tutorials on how to get the most out of the platform. I also enjoy creating tutorials to help people learn how to use Drive like pros. Read more