In this article, I have written about how to add Dropbox to finder on Mac. Also mentioned a few solutions regarding why the Dropbox icon is missing from Mac menubar.
As an IT professional I use Mac for my project work. To protect the data I was looking for a better cloud storage application and found that Dropbox is used by many highly skilled professionals.
But I had an issue with how to download Dropbox on Mac and create a shortcut in Mac finder to access Dropbox easily. After many references, I got to know the way how to download Mac on Dropbox.
In that process, I also came to know why the Dropbox icon in disappearing suddenly from the Mac menubar.
Here I have shared the solution for the issue and also how to add Dropbox to favorites in the finder sidebar on Mac.
The headings that I have written in the below article are:
- How to Add Dropbox to Finder on Mac
- How to Add Dropbox Folder to Finder on Mac
- How to Add Dropbox to Favorites in Finder Sidebar on Mac
- How to get Dropbox to show up in Finder
- How to Create Shortcut for Dropbox Folder on Mac
- Why Dropbox icon is Missing From Mac Menubar
How to Add Dropbox to Finder on Mac
Search the Dropbox installer on Dropbox.com to download Dropbox for the Mac device.
After the Dropbox installer download is done check it on the Mac download folder.
To start the Dropbox download app:
- Double-click the Dropbox icon on the installer page.
- The installer page displays a warning message Dropbox app downloaded from the internet.
- Click open to install the Dropbox app.
- After installing the Dropbox sign in if you already have a Dropbox account.
- To create a new Dropbox account click the link on the bottom right corner of the window and follow the instructions to complete the Dropbox account procedure.
Dropbox displays a congratulations message once the sign-in is successful on Mac Dropbox.
How to Add Dropbox Folder to Finder on Mac
To add the Dropbox folder to finder on Mac:
- In the final installer window, click the Open my Dropbox folder option.
- Enter the password for the Dropbox and click ok to continue.
- After clicking ok Dropbox will be added to Finder’s sidebar automatically.
- Go through the tutorial guide on how to use Dropbox on Mac.
Follow the above points to add a folder to finder on Mac
How to Add Dropbox to Favorites in Finder Sidebar on Mac
By using Macintosh HD we can add a Dropbox folder to favorites in finder on Mac.
- Open the Finder page on the Mac.
- Click on the drive, in this case, Macintosh HD.
- The Macintosh HD opens and clicks on the Dropbox user’s option.
- The user option opens, select the username.
- At last, locate the mouse pointer on the Dropbox folder and drag the Dropbox under favorites in the sidebar.
Go through the above points to add Dropbox to favorites in the finder sidebar on Mac by Macintosh HD.
How to Get Dropbox to Show Up in Finder on Mac
To get Dropbox to show up in finder on Mac:
- Open the finder on the Mac.
- In the Go menu, select the Go to folder.
- Type ~/Dropbox/ and press the return key.
Follow the above points to get Dropbox to show up in finder on Mac.
How to Create Shortcut for Dropbox Folder on Mac
Create a shortcut for the Dropbox folder on Mac for easy access to the Dropbox folder.
- Go to the Dropbox folder location on Mac.
- Right-click the Dropbox folder on Mac.
- Click Make Alias on Mac.
The shortcut will show up with an Alias after the file name. The created Dropbox shortcut can be moved to the location where you prefer to keep it on Mac.
Why Dropbox Icon is Missing from Mac Menubar
The Dropbox icon may be missing from the Mac menubar, but the Dropbox will be functioning if you check the task manager.
The Dropbox folder will be shown in the finder but the icon will be missing from the menubar.
There are several reasons why the Dropbox icon is invisible from Mac menubar. Due to system errors or temporary failure of Dropbox.
Try the following methods to solve the problem of missing the Dropbox icon in Mac menubar :
- Upgrade or uninstall the Dropbox app.
- Customize Dropbox notifications in Mac settings.
- Restart the Dropbox app.
Upgrade or Uninstall the Dropbox App on Mac
To upgrade or uninstall the Dropbox app in Mac Dropbox:
- Open the Dropbox application folder on the Mac Dropbox.
- Delete the Dropbox app file from applications on Mac.
- Then download the latest version Dropbox app from the official website.
- Once the Dropbox is downloaded Click install.
- Then run the Dropbox and check in the menubar whether the Dropbox icon is displaying.
Try the above method to upgrade or uninstall the Dropbox app on Mac.
Customize Dropbox Notifications Area in Mac Settings
Customize the notifications in Dropbox on Mac settings.
- Press the horizontal dots “…” in the upper left corner of the screen.
- The horizontal dots drop down and click on the gear icon.
- The gear icon Drops down and selects the control menu bar items.
- Then manually set the Dropbox icon on the menu bar.
Follow the points to add the Dropbox icon manually on the Mac menu bar.
Restart the Dropbox App
In Mac, the Dropbox process will be displayed on the menu bar or dock, go to the macOS in the menu bar at the top of the screen in the Finder menu.
- Select the apple icon in the upper left corner of the macOS menu bar.
- The menubar pops down and selects the force quit option.
- By clicking force quit, it will take to force quit application.
- There select the Dropbox application folder and click force quit.
Follow the above points to restart the Dropbox app on macOS.
We have come to the end part of the article and I hope you have clarity on how to add Dropbox to Mac finder and add Dropbox to finder on Mac.
I would also believe that you got a solution if the Dropbox icon is missing from Mac menubar.
Creating a shortcut for the Dropbox folder on Mac and placing it in the location you prefer can be easy to access whenever wanted.
You may also like:
- How to Access Shared Folders in Dropbox? [Mac, Web browser, Windows]
- How to Cancel the Dropbox Subscription?
- How to Check Storage Space in Dropbox?
- How to Create Public Files and Folders in Dropbox? [Mac, Browser, Windows, iPhone, Android]
- How Long Does Dropbox keep Deleted Files?
- How to Move Dropbox Folder? [4 Easy Ways]
- How to Upload Videos to Dropbox? [Mac, Windows, Web browser, iPhone, Android]
- How to Download Multiple Photos from Dropbox? [3 Simple Ways]
Hello, my name is Lucas and I’m a Dropbox user and expert. I’m from the United States of America, specifically in New York. I love staying up to date on the latest tips and tricks, and helping others learn how to use Dropbox like a pro. In addition to being an avid Dropbox user, I also have a background in cloud storage platforms. I love creating how-to tutorials on everything from setting up Dropbox folders to automating file backups. Learn More About Me